I am not a big fan of New Years’ resolutions, I always break them and then feel bad about it (a teeny bit!) but as this year is something of a new start for us anyway then it seems like a good time to make a few plans.
1. Be more organised. This is somewhat laughable as I am only getting round to doing my resolutions on the 11th but I am going to try my best to be more organised with birthdays, school letters, bills etc.
2. Further to the above, I would like to make something for all the birthday presents I send throughout the year. This requires organisation as making something generally takes longer than a shopping trip to buy something but I like making things and so I am already planning my projects for everyone’s special days!
3. Cook something I have never cooked before every week. I am quite a willing cook and making new dishes doesn’t phase me. I know I will eat whatever I make and I never know when I will hit on the holy grail of dinners – something that all four of us will eat!!
4. Write to Rosie (my God-daughter). Internet and phone is all very well for most people but Rosie is only three and so not really up to all that (although she did chatter away like a budgie last time I spoke to her on the phone!). Also, there is something great about getting letters when you are little! I remember my Auntie Eliz used to send my brother and I really cool letters that were half written/half drawn (so ‘Dear Laura’ would be a picture of a deer and then ‘Laura’) and we loved them!! My drawing skills are shocking but I have a few plans up my sleeve!! Rosie is going to be a big sister any day now and so I thought it would be nice for her to have something that is just for her.
5. Plant a veggie garden. We have a perfect place in our garden for some raised beds – we just need to get on and do it and as Michael is not remotely interested in gardening it means that I need to get on and do it!
6. Start some sort of educational course. I am hoping to complete my breastfeeding counsellor training so that would fit the bill perfectly.
7. Go to bed earlier. This is on my list every year and I never do it. I have set an alarm on my phone to remind me to get my behind in gear and haul my cookies to bed at 10pm on school nights!
That’ll do me just now.
I am very pleased not to have ‘learn to drive’ on there any more!